Nike has brought its Rise store concept to Seoul, South Korea. Nike Rise was designed to bridge digital and physical channels to create more immersive store experiences. Although the new location touts all of the features found in the Guangzhou, China location, it also brings new services designed to reaffirm Nike’s commitment to sustainability, as evidenced in its Move to Zero initiative.
Nike Seoul is among the first Nike stores to secure a LEED Gold certification and is the first in Asia to launch Recycling & Donation, Nike’s fully integrated service for recycling and donating gently worn footwear and apparel. Shoppers can drop off shoes and apparel at the Seoul location, where the product will either be recycled or donated to partnering organizations.
But the heart of the Nike Rise Seoul store is its powerful digital capabilities, which are thoughtfully dispersed throughout the location and connect to sport and wellness activities within the local community. Key in-store features include:
- Sport Pulse: A digital platform that spans every level of the store, featuring Nike product trends and sports updates;
- Inside Track: An interactive RFID-powered digital footwear table where shoppers can easily compare the benefits, technology and online reviews of two footwear models at a time;
- The Sport Hub: A place where shoppers can find ways to participate in sport throughout the city, the space also functions as a service desk for BOPIS orders and returns;
- The City Replay: A space for customers to find hyperlocal Seoul sport products, repair old or worn Nike items, and even customize new or worn products; and
- The Huddle: Shoppers can participate in one-to-one or group sessions that focus on Nike’s “five facets of fitness”: movement, mindset, recovery, nutrition and sleep.