YouTube is getting into the holiday spirit with a nine-day, multi-format shopping event, From YouTube to You, that will feature interactive live shopping events, shoppable Shorts and video gift guides.
More than 30 creators and brands including Ulta Beauty, TULA Skincare and POPFLEX will offer up recommendations, deals and exclusive products throughout the event, which will take place from Nov. 10 to 19, 2022. The schedule features five nights of livestreams, in between which users can shop everything featured throughout the event at YouTube.com/Shopping.
“With the holiday season quickly approaching, more and more people are looking for a one-stop shop for their gifting,” reads a company blog announcing the holiday even. “We’ve seen online search terms like ‘gift guides’ and ‘gift ideas’ reach their peak this time of year, which is why we’re excited to make the holidays easier than ever.”
Programming highlights include:
- YouTuber Larray (8.6 million subscribers) will relaunch his clothing line Girlies after a two-year hiatus in a livestream on Nov. 14, during which time he’ll feature nine product drops available only during the live event;
- On Nov. 16, Ulta Beauty and TULA Skincarewill team up with a number of top beauty creators, including Manny MUA (4.6 million subs), Amber Scholl (3.6 million subs), Mai Pham (2.7 million subs) and AllyiahsFace (715,000 subs) for a livestream direct from the YouTube Stages in Los Angeles. Viewers will have access to exclusive discount codes from both Ulta and TULA available only on the livestream; and
- On Nov. 18, YouTube sensation MrBeast (110 million subs) will host a livestream featuring brand-new merch and livestream-exclusive discounts.
As part of the event, fans will also have the chance to participate in a new Shorts Challenges with brands like POPFLEX and have access to more than 20 new holiday gift guides on video-on-demand and YouTube Shorts with top creators revealing their favorite holiday looks, gadget reviews and more.
YouTube has steadily been increasing its livestreaming and live shopping presence throughout 2022, with a number of other events including:
- Hosting live events from Brazil’s biggest soccer tournament Paulistão;
- Its second annual, fully shoppable Beauty Festival;
- Shoppable livestreams from music festival Coachella; and
- Hosting the first-ever Shopping on Shorts challenge with Glossier to exclusively launch the beauty brand’s No. 1 pencil eyeliner.
Enabling this has been a range of new platform functionalities, including the ability for eligible creators to tag products in their videos, Shorts and livestreams from YouTube parent company Google’s product catalog. Creators are now also able hold to Q&A sessions with their viewers during their live shopping events.