Claire’s has tapped a range of young creators and influencers for its new campaign and a corresponding platform called The Collab, inviting them to share their stories, talents and perspectives through ongoing content development and social dialogue. The new platform will launch with a group of “Gen Zalphas” in tandem with the debut of the brand’s spring collection and will add new people throughout the year, with members influencing the retailer’s creative direction across content, communications and activations, including in-store experiences and events.
“In an effort to turn the brand over to [Gen Zalphas] and let their many talents shine, we created The Collab to serve as a platform for them to share their hopes, dreams, passions and accomplishments with our global audience,” said Kristin Patrick, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer at Claire’s in a statement. “Claire’s empowers every generation to be the most expressions of themselves, and The Collab is a way to recognize them for all that they are and want to be.”
The initial group of young people includes:
- Ayla Palmer, a 7-year-old creator and designer of the “AY” fashion line;
- 13-year-old Caro Hecks, a drummer, surfer, ballerina and singer;
- Ashlyn So, a 15-year-old fashion designer recently named one of top three designers to watch by Hong Kong Vogue;
- Maggie Sophie Brown, Co-founder of the Pad Project and producer of an Academy Award-winning documentary;
- Ariana Feygin, a viral chef and mentee of a Michelin star chef;
- Kaylee Foxhoven, a 17-year-old state youth soccer star; and
- 12-year-old Junior Gutierrez, a skateboarder who was featured in the premiere issue of Claire’s and V Magazine’s MINI V.
Throughout the next 12 months, members of The Collab will participate in Claire’s branding in multiple ways, including styling photo and video shoots, creating content, hosting events and sharing their personal stories to motivate others to do the same.
Claire’s has been busily exploring ways to connect with and represent members of Gen Zalpha. In December 2023 Claire’s introduced C•Body, an exclusive line of body care products and accessories targeting Gen Zalpha. The retailer also has partnered with Audio Up Media to produce scripted audio shows as a way to reach podcast-loving Gen Zalpha consumers, and Claire’s has been working on a kids’ TV series in partnership with Sony Pictures Television – Kids.