Sephora is revamping its Beauty Insider Program, adding new features based on feedback and requests from members, according to Allure. The changes give shoppers a wider range of rewards and make it easier for them to see the benefits they’ve earned.
The program will retain its three tiers, with Insider status available to all customers, VIB for those who spend at least $350 annually, and Rouge for shoppers who spend $1,000 or more every year. Many of the new perks are aimed at higher-tier members:
- Points: Insiders will still receive one point for every dollar spent, but VIB members will receive 1.25 points and Rouge members will earn 1.5 points;
- Rewards: More options will be available, including full-size products for VIB and Rouge members and gift cards for Rouge members;
- Gifts: All three tiers will still include birthday gifts, but VIB and Rouge members will be able to choose between a gift or extra points; and
- Profile Access: The profile system will be simplified and streamlined to make it easier for shoppers to determine their status, point totals and potential rewards.
Enhancements to the upper tiers of membership could prove a draw for shoppers: 37% of consumers would pay more for an enhanced loyalty program, according to a May 2018 study by Bond Brand Loyalty. That share was up from 30% in 2017.
- Forge Emotional Bonds With Customers To Achieve Loyalty Program Success
- Harry & David Enhances Mobile Speed, Personalization For Holiday 2019
- JCPenney Tests In-Store Beauty Services, Wellness Classes At Texas Flagship Store
- Suitability, Transparency And Inclusion Rank As Biggest Non-Price Beauty Purchase Drivers
- Despite 12% Sales Increase, Ulta Beauty Stock Dips 28% Amid Slashed Full-Year Outlook