Online brands seeking exposure without spending heavily on physical overhead and infrastructure are in luck, as a new store experience has arrived dedicated to “flipping retail on its head.” R|Evolution, an immersive pop-up shop that showcases digitally native brands in an experiential shop-in-shop environment, held its VIP kickoff sneak peek Sept. 12 at the Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead, N.Y.
The grand opening took place two days later on Sept. 14, with the first 20 consumers receiving “swag bags” including items worth more than $300, as well as another 10% off on their first order.
The environment is designed as a “brand incubator” so that the companies within can focus on connecting with their consumers, driving revenue and increasing awareness, all while never taking focus away from their brands. Additionally, the store associates hired to staff the location are specifically trained as brand ambassadors, so they learn about the ins and outs of every brand and product sold within the store.
The store design is intended to be “Instagrammable” for shoppers. Products are showcased so that shoppers can test them out, try them on, take photos and add them to their social feeds. While the brands are located on the left and right sides of the pop-up, the back area includes a backdrop where shoppers can take photos in front of the R|Evolution logo while holding up products within the store.
Additionally, CS Hudson and IRG will track key metrics for each brand via technology and surveys, designed to give the tenant retailers insight into potential expansion into physical spaces.
The first 10 digitally native retailers that reside within the R|Evolution physical space — most of which are launching in a U.S. brick-and-mortar environment for the first time — include:
- TatBrow, seller of the Microblading Eyebrow Pen designed to fill in eyebrows with natural-looking hair-like strokes;
- Tangle Angel, UK-based seller of detangling hairbrushes, Created by UK Royal and celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward. The company recently launched the “Rebel Brush” worldwide, and launched an exclusive “Skull” brush sold only within the R|Evolution location;
- TRU NIAGEN, a seller of vitamin B3-based supplements;
- Swiss Relief, a seller of premium CBD products;
- FINGERNAILS2GO, a company that offers 3D-printed creative art designs for shoppers getting their fingernails painted. Users can even upload artwork ideas from a smartphone. The store includes a nail art printer where shoppers can select a design and immediately get their nails done;
- MYTAGALONGS, a seller of fashionable travel bags and accessories featured on “Oprah’s Favorite Things” list in 2017. The brand also offers a specialized product line for its “Because I am a Girl” charity, in which 50% of proceeds from the collection go to the charity;
- INSTANT EFFECTS, a skincare brand selling eyeliner products based on science and research, designed to reduce dark circles and give shoppers an eye lift or 3D lip plumping;
- Ornaments for Opportunity, a collection of glassware ornaments from Transformation Textiles, with proceeds going to the For Her Dignity charity; and
- CB-Dadi’ Oil, a brand of moisture-rich 100% organic oils for fingernails made from industrial hemp CBD. Famous Names, a beauty brand, designs and sells the product
Brands can apply to have a store within the R|Evolution location here.
- Brandless Launches Second Pop-Up In NYC Focused On Sampling, Not Sales
- Olivela Opens First Pop-Up Shop In Nantucket
- Macy’s Acquires Minority Stake In B8ta, Will Deploy Platform In Pop-Up Concept
- Pier 1 Imports Creates Walk-Through Pop-Up Experience For Holiday Season
- ModCloth Expands To Brick-And-Mortar With New Fit Shop