Harry & David is unveiling a variety of new digital capabilities for the holiday season, traditionally the retailer’s busiest time of year. These enhancements are designed to help shoppers find gifts more efficiently and to help the brand strengthen relationships with customers.
New discovery features and search options being introduced across the Harry & David digital experience include:
- A Progressive Web App mobile web site, providing customers with a more seamless mobile shopping experience. The web site update arrives as nearly half of all online customer traffic to Harry & David comes through mobile devices.
- A personalized shopping experience that provides customers with more robust filtering options and exclusive benefits, such as access to promotional events. By leveraging shopping data across multiple consumer touch points, Harry & David can provide a more personalized and relevant shopping experience for shoppers. The personalization will initially be articulated through home page content, emails and display ads.
- “Gift Finder,” a tool designed to help digital customers receive more tailored product recommendations. Shoppers are prompted to answer three questions (“Who’s this for?”, “What’s the occasion?” and “What’s your budget?”) and are then provided with relevant gift options. At checkout, customers are offered “flash deals” and additional product recommendations.
- SmartGift, a personalized gifting feature that lets customers purchase a gift and notify the recipient in real time, via email or text, that a package is headed their way.
Harry & David also offers a subscription service and curated discovery boxes. With about 130 products to choose from, the subscription service offers customers an opportunity to have Harry & David items delivered to their doorstep each month. Shoppers also can receive one of the brand’s five new curated discovery boxes, including Sweets, Variety, Pantry, Fruit and Premium Popcorn options, which offer a selection of unique Harry & David products each month.
“The ongoing investments we are making across our digital channels are not only contributing to the strong online sales growth we’ve been experiencing at Harry & David but are allowing us to deepen our engagement with new and existing customers,” said Steve Lightman, President of Harry & David in a statement. “While our digital transformation continues, we believe these latest enhancements will further streamline the shopping experience, making it easier than ever for shoppers to share a smile with someone as they cross off items on their gift lists.”
- As Singles Day Becomes Multi-Week Event, Can U.S. Retailers Attract Chinese Shoppers?
- Why Customer Data Is Your Most Important Holiday Gift
- American Girl Debuts Interactive Micro-Experiences At NYC Flagship
- Holiday 2019 Predictions: Retailers Have High Expectations Despite Shortened Selling Season
- Best Buy Will Offer Free Next-Day Delivery In Time For Holiday Season
- Shoptalk 2020 Will Feature All-Female Speaker Lineup
- Walmart Deepens Voice Commerce Investment With Siri Support
- Capgemini Study: Enhance Personalization, Omnichannel Integration To Grow Voice Commerce
- Tommy Hilfiger Commits To 3D For Apparel Design
- Gap CEO Art Peck Departs; Board Chairman To Take Interim CEO Role During Search