CaliBurger, a part of Cali Group’s restaurant operating division, will demonstrate its AI-enabled self-ordering kiosks using NEC facial recognition technology at the NRF Big Show, Jan. 14-16 in NYC.
“NEC’s face recognition technology is a key component of our strategy to reduce the friction associated with loyalty program registration and use,” said John Miller, Chairman and CEO of Cali Group in a statement. “It’s also a key stepping stone toward replacing credit card swipes with face-based payments, which is our goal for 2018.”
NEC, a provider and integrator of IT, communications, networking and biometric solutions, will showcase several other Smart Retail solutions at booth #3153 during NRF, including:
- “Customer aware” digital signage: Through object recognition, shelves detect when a shopper picks up an item and directs the signage to display personalized information, such as more product information, available options or upsell ads;
- Facial payment: Using facial recognition, the solution identifies the shopper as a part of the loyalty program, enabling the customer to pay with a glance at the camera;
- Video analytics to tailor the in-store experience: Video analytics enable retailers to capture shopper data, to optimize store flow and improve product placement; and
- Configurable POS hardware and software solutions, along with an omnichannel platform designed to offer real-time direct fulfillment, which enables retailers that use a mobile POS retail solution.
- Infrastructure, Trade And Immigration Top NRF Policy Priorities, With SOTU Pending
- NRF 2018: Wakefern, Postmates Tap Next-Gen Cameras And Robotics To Improve Logistics
- NRF 2018: Retail Personalization Reaches A Crossroads
- Mi9 Retail Acquires JustEnough Software
- EBay, Cosabella, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Lead The Next Wave Of AI Implementation