As cutting edge technologies such as social media and smart phones continue to drive consumers’ approach to shopping, retailers are challenged to effectively define and execute strategies that deliver a top-notch approach to Customer Relationship Management (CRM). The Next-Gen Retail Awards recognizes 10 companies that showcased innovative solutions at the National Retail Federation’s 100th Annual Convention in January in New York.
The winning solutions are evidence that the shopping environment has dramatically changed, and is now largely reliant on technology that can keep up with — if not outpace — the tools that consumers are already using for smart shopping.
The Next-Gen Retail Awards profile innovative solutions in the following 10 categories:
- Social Media
- In-Store Marketing
- Inventory Management
- Store Intelligence
- Mobile Technology
- Customer Engagement
- Payments/Point of Sale (POS)
- Store Operations
Next-Gen Retail Award winners earned cutting-edge kudos from the RTP editorial team, which evaluated solution providers that presented their solutions during NRF. The following 4 “Factors” were considered:
- The Cutting Edge Factor — A new, innovative approach to everyday tasks and operations
- The First-of-its-Kind Factor — A never-seen-before solution that shows great potential
- The Game-Changing Factor — An approach that empowers retailers to streamline their efforts and potentially gain a competitive advantage
- The "Must-See" Factor — Solutions that stopped attendees in their tracks on the show floor
A complimentary copy of the 2011 Next-Gen Retail Awards Report is available for download here.
- GNC Plans To Sell Off 1,000 Stores As Focus Shifts To Franchisees
- As Sports Authority Liquidates, What’s Next For Its Stores?
- Infogroup Partnership Combines Multiple Data Sources For Single Customer View
- Starmount Partnership Powers Omnichannel Payments
- Despite Security Concerns, 49% Of Retailers Lack End-To-End Encryption Protections