Beginning this fall, Kohl’s will broaden its online assortment of licensed sports merchandise via an exclusive long-term partnership with Fanatics. The expanded assortment will be available directly through Kohls.com, with Fanatics fulfilling and shipping customer orders directly.
The Fanatics products will include officially licensed men’s, women’s and kids apparel, jerseys, hats, collectibles, and tailgating and novelty products. Kohl’s Fan Shop online already offers Fanatics items as well as product from brands including Nike, Under Armour, adidas, Majestic and New Era. Fanatics already had been a wholesale partner of Kohl’s, selling some of its gear in Kohl’s stores.
“We are continually seeking opportunities to evolve our product offerings in order to give our customers even more of what they’re looking for, and this expanded partnership with Fanatics conveniently brings more officially-licensed products across more favorite sports teams to Kohls.com,” said Doug Howe, Kohl’s Chief Merchandising Officer in a statement.
Kohl’s aspires to be a leading destination for athletic apparel and sports-related merchandise; the retailer has increased the square footage devoted to selling sports gear in some stores, according to CNBC. The retailer also is encouraging fitness, at least indirectly, via its recent partnership with Planet Fitness, which will open 10 gyms at Kohl’s locations across the U.S. this year.
- Kohl’s Will Shutter Off/Aisle Off-Price Stores
- The Future Of Social Commerce Is Mobile: Instagram, Peer-To-Peer Marketplaces, Chat Lead The Way
- As Department Stores Struggle To Drive Sales, TJX, Walmart And Target Soar
- Amazon Takes Kohl’s Returns Partnership Nationwide, Installs Lockers In 1,000 Casino Stores
- Kohl’s Donates $10 Million To Family Wellness Programs