A new technology from cloud and software company Basic6 and French hardware manufacturer Oledcomm uses a store’s existing lighting infrastructure to promote products and keep customers informed and engaged. GeoLiFi is an energy-saving set of LEDs that collects real-time data at retail stores and museums. The technology can track customer and employee traffic patterns and activity, and measure merchandising and advertising effectiveness using heat maps.
The solution can help retailers answer questions including:
- What are the least trafficked locations in the store?;
- When is the busiest time of the day?;
- Are there enough salespeople on the floor?; and
- How long are people waiting to check out?
The installation, which will be showcased at the Basic6 and Oledcomm NRF booth #4456, takes the information and delivers proximity messaging with information about products, promotions and visual shopping lists to customers and employees through GeoLiFi tablets.
"The energy savings of LED lighting are enormous,” said Edward Samson, CEO of Basic6. “Today, Basic6 and Oledcomm can connect those lights into a network for energy management, bringing additional savings. We can also communicate data from each light, including streaming music and the Internet from LEDs, so that every light is an information channel.”
- Geofencing And Mobile Push Notifications: A Match Made In Customer Engagement Heaven
- Orvis Taps Customer Analytics To Help Convert 58% Of Returns Into Exchanges
- Customer Engagement: It’s About The Journey, Not Just The Destination
- CleverTap Launches Omnichannel Campaign Builder
- #RIC18: Marketing/Customer Engagement, Retail Innovation And Customer Experience Sessions Coverage