Convenience store chain 7-Eleven has extended its partnership with digital loyalty platform provider Belly. By the end of 2014, 2,600 7-Eleven stores will use Belly for customer loyalty and marketing efforts.
Since its implementation in March 2013, 7-Eleven built its Belly network consistently, starting with an initial installation in 85 stores in downtown Chicago and a subsequent pilot of 350 locations across Chicago, Austin and Los Angeles. Starting this month, 465 locations in New York and Vancouver, B.C., Canada, will implement the Belly program.
Belly members can earn points at any participating 7-Eleven location using the Belly mobile app or physical BellyCard. Members earn points for every visit and can redeem them for rewards such as “Name The Slurpee Flavor Of The Month” and “Free Coffee For A Year.”
“Over a year and a half ago, we started looking for a solution to help increase customer visits, bring new guests to our stores and increase frequency of visits while also increasing basket size,” said Raja Doddala, Senior Director for New Business Development at 7-Eleven. “We look forward to expanding our relationship to even more stores and new markets.”
7-Eleven has run more than 20 marketing campaigns through Belly’s platform since March 2013. The Belly platform is positioned to automate promotions using data and insights on customer behavior, such as total visits. Then, the platform will deliver customized rewards to 7-Eleven customers and even target lapsed customers via email marketing.
- McDonald’s Invests $3.7 Million In Mobile Engagement Software Provider
- 7-Eleven Launches Innovation-Focused Lab Store
- Communication Tactics For Boosting Customer Loyalty
- 7-Eleven Plans Brick-And-Mortar Entry Into India This Year
- From Catalogs To E-Commerce: Using Personalization To Deliver Customer Loyalty
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- Leveraging Marketplace Momentum: How To Capitalize On New Growth Opportunities Without Risking Your Brand Identity
- Podcast: Are Retailers Finally Getting Holiday Experience Right?
- Alexa: Retail’s Next Friend…Or Foe?
- Aptos Commits Millions To Launch Aptos Labs
- eBags Boosts Conversions 20% With Innovative Tech Investments