While 19.6% of retailers said they plan to add a social commerce strategy, 21.7% still have no plans to invest in social commerce (down slightly from 23.2% last year).
The primary reason for waiting to invest in social commerce is that “other priorities take precedence,” according to retailers surveyed. As many as 70% of retailers stated that they do not have a strategy in place and do not “plan to add.” Although among the respondents stating they do “plan to add,” 77.8% said the strategy will be in place within one year.
The following survey report sets the stage for retailers who are seeking to kick off a new social commerce strategy or improve upon a strategy already in place. Some key topics addressed in the survey include:
- Percentage of sales attributed to social commerce today and by 2015;
- The value of the Facebook storefront;
- An analysis of third-party social channels;
- Vehicles used to market social commerce to customers; and
- Most significant social commerce challenges.
Complete the form below to download this report: