Marta Ortega Pérez has been named Chairwoman of Inditex Group — parent company of Zara, Pull&Bear and Massimo Dutti — and Óscar García Maceiras will replace Carlos Crespo as CEO, completing a “generational handover process” at the fashion conglomerate that began in 2011.
Pérez, the daughter of Inditex founders Amancio Ortega and Rosalía Mera, has worked in different areas of the group for the last 15 years, in particular strengthening Zara’s brand image and fashion proposition, an area she will continue to oversee. She will assume her new role as Chairwoman on April 1, 2022.. Ortega had ceded his role as the company’s Chairman in 2011 to long-time Inditex executive Pablo Isla.
“I have lived and breathed this company since my childhood, and I have learned from all the great professionals I have worked with over the last 15 years,” said Pérez in a statement. “I have always said that I would dedicate my life to building upon my parents’ legacy, looking to the future but learning from the past and serving the company, our shareholders and our customers where I’m most needed.”
Maceiras, currently General Counsel and Secretary of the Board, will take over immediately as CEO, and current CEO Crespo, who has held the role since July 2019, will move into the position of COO, overseeing operations, sustainability efforts and the company’s digital transformation.
The new organizational structure also includes the development of a management committee made up of executives from different corporate and business areas. The inaugural members of the management committee include:
- Carlos Crespo, COO, Inditex;
- Pablo del Bado, Managing Director, Pull&Bear;
- Miguel Díaz, Director of Finance and Operations, Zara;
- Ignacio Fernández, CFO, Inditex;
- Javier García Torralbo, Managing Director of Ecommerce, Zara;
- Begoña López-Cano, Chief People Officer, Inditex;
- Beatriz Padín, Director of Woman, Zara;
- Jorge Pérez Marcote, Managing Director, Massimo Dutti; and
- Óscar Pérez Marcote, Managing Director, Zara.