The Vitamin Shoppe will adopt an integrated supply chain strategy through a partnership with RELEX Solutions. The solution will be utilized at more than 750 stores, the retailer’s e-Commerce site and two distribution centers.
The RELEX solution will improve the accuracy of demand forecasts, which will help The Vitamin Shoppe optimize store and distribution center replenishment and allocations, , and provide promotion optimization to minimize out-of-stocks while keeping excess stock low.
“Improving visibility of our inventory throughout the supply chain is a key element to enhancing our Omni-Channel fulfillment,” said Camille Fratanduono, VP and GM of Merchandising Operations at The Vitamin Shoppe in a statement. “In today’s retail landscape, being laser-focused on servicing our customers’ health and wellness needs is priority number one.”
Integrating the RELEX solution is the latest in a series of tech upgrades The Vitamin Shoppe has pursued, including:
- Enhancing the product data and search capabilities of its web site alongside upgrades such as updated navigation, an increased on-site search box presence, new store locator pages and updated product listing and detail pages;
- Hiring retail technology veteran Andrew Laudato, who spearheaded programs that created a comprehensive IT and corporate strategy at Pier 1, as EVP and CTO; and
- Adopting a new customer relationship management suite that gives associates access to customer information and the ability to quickly add new shoppers to the retailer’s loyalty program.
- Liberty Tax To Acquire Sears Hometown For $132.9 Million, Continues To Build Retail Portfolio
- AutoZone Implements Unified Forecasting And Replenishment Solutions For DCs
- JCPenney Names Target Veteran To Top Customer Spot
- The Vitamin Shoppe Empowers Associates With CRM Solution
- The Vitamin Shoppe Adds Edible CBD Products To Stores In 14 States