As retailers continue to develop a presence on social networking sites, most seek to identify its return on investment. PowerReviews, a social commerce solution provider, has announced that Skechers and Teleflora have identified social ROI using the provider’s cloud-based Essential Social Suite of social commerce tools. ESS includes Social Answers, Customer Reviews, Social Loyalty, Community and Social Discovery modules. With the tools, both Skechers and Teleflora leveraged customers’ online social activity to drive business results, including increased revenue, customer engagement and web site traffic.
Skechers, a lifestyle footwear brand, implemented the Social Answers Q&A solution to help customers make more informed purchase decisions. The tool provided customers with rapid answers to their questions and a link back to the product page. A majority (80%) of answer notification emails was opened, and more than half of those emails resulted in a conversion. Skechers’ bounce rate was reduced significantly, as were its customer support costs. In addition, Social Answers automatically created a powerful SEO asset — product-specific social FAQs — which contain relevant keywords. “Because those who submit questions are already engaged, if we can give them the answers they want in a timely fashion, they usually buy the shoe,” said Tim Lakin, E-Commerce Merchandising Manager for Skechers, in a press release.
When Teleflora, an online floral destination, sought to enhance its customer journey from awareness to advocacy, it turned to PowerReviews’ Customer Reviews, Social Loyalty and Community products and created a comprehensive loyalty program for its customers. The program includes an online community leader board that uses proven gamification techniques in the form of customized points, badges and incentives to reward customers who contribute and share social content. In addition, Teleflora implemented the Social Discovery module, designed to offer customers social sharing options that attract customers and prospects to teleflora.com from social networks such as Facebook. Teleflora saw a 105% increase in referral traffic from Facebook during the first month of using the PowerReviews solution, which led to a 92% increase in conversion on Facebook traffic. Teleflora also saw a ten-fold increase in user-generated content such as videos and photos.
“Our approach to social commerce is anchored in driving real, measurable results for our customers,” said Ken Comée, CEO of PowerReviews. “We’re 100% focused on delivering innovation to help our clients stay one step ahead of the ever-changing social landscape.”
- Instagram Debuts Checkout Option, Allowing Shoppers To Buy Within The App
- Exclusive Poshmark CMO Q&A: How Social Commerce Creates A Network Effect On A Personal Level
- Orvis Taps Customer Analytics To Help Convert 58% Of Returns Into Exchanges
- The Eyes Have It: Visually Rich ‘Shoppable’ Instagram Content Tops Social Commerce Trends
- Delivering Good Partners With Retailers To Donate $1M To Puerto Rico Recovery
Latest from Fatima D. Lora
- Retail Theft Barometer Finds Shrink Exceeds $112 Billion Worldwide
- TrueVUE Inventory Display Execution Helps Speed Product Counting
- Cross-Channel Fulfillment Takes Priority Over Other Omnichannel Initiatives
- Mobile Price Intelligence Solution From 360pi Helps Combat Showrooming
- Less Than Half Of Marketers Report Sufficient Access To Relevant Business Data