You might think every day is digital day at Amazon, but the retail marketplace giant has designated Friday, Dec. 29 as its official second annual Digital Day. For 24 hours Amazon will offer more than 5,000 deals on products in eight digital content categories, including movies, TV shows, mobile games, apps and eBooks.
During Digital Day, shoppers will find 40% more deals compared to the inaugural Digital Day in 2016, which, according to Amazon, produced record-breaking sales across digital apps, games and comics.
For Amazon, Digital Day is an opportunity both to generate post-Christmas excitement and to encourage consumers to load their shiny new Amazon hardware with content.
“The customer response was incredibly positive last year, and we’re excited to help customers find great discounts again this year,” said Aaron Rubenson, VP, Amazon Appstore in a statement. “That’s whether they just received a new Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, or Fire Kids Edition Tablet over the holidays, or are looking to add new content to their current device.”
Customers can visit the Digital Day site to sign up to receive notifications when the deals begin, or follow #DigitalDay for updates. Previews and some deals will be available as early as Dec. 26, with the biggest savings launching at 12 midnight Eastern on Dec. 29.
A selection of the deals include:
• 60% off Wonder Woman on Amazon Video;
• $10 Amazon.com credit when shoppers subscribe to HBO NOW on Amazon;
• 25% off $49.99 Lapis bundle for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius;
• 80% off in-game items for Playrix games;
• Up to 75% off on Kindle best-selling books;
• 25% of more off PC software like Rosetta Stone and Adobe Creative Cloud Photography; and
• First three months free in Daily Burn streaming workouts.