Canadian footwear retailer Browns Shoes has deployed an Out-of-the-Box Distributed Order Management Technology (DOM) with Order Consolidation solution in partnership with OSF Commerce and OrderDynamics.
Browns Shoes now can offer express shipping with 99.5% certainty of meeting fulfillment promises, and the updated order-to-fulfillment process has resulted in a 13% drop in time-to-ship. Orders will take as little as 15 minutes from order receipt to shoppers receiving confirmation with tracking.
The software will help Browns Shoes launch a buy online, pick up in-store (BOPIS) program. Additionally, shoppers now can see available inventory in real time, which will help Browns Shoes avoid losing orders due to stockouts. Registered shoppers also can access their complete order history, including purchases made both in-store and online.
The changes will help set the groundwork for future omnichannel capabilities, such as consolidating orders for multiple items from different locations into single shipments, and being able to send orders from key ship-from-store optimized locations. The solutions will contribute to greater efficiency in stock management and order fulfillment at both the distribution center and store levels.
- With U.S. Growth Uncertain, Global Commerce Offers New Opportunities
- IKEA Scouts Potential Mexico Locations, Introduces NYC ‘City Center’ Store
- 50% Of Shoppers Have Made A Purchase Decision Based On BOPIS Availability
- Revived FAO Schwarz Moves Beyond Toys Into Home Products, Accessories And Candy
- 55% Of Households Use Amazon Prime, But BOPIS Keeps Them Shopping In-Store