The NRF Foundation has named five retail execs to its list of People Shaping Retail’s Future 2023. The honorees will be celebrated at the 2023 NRF Foundation Honors on Jan. 15, 2023 at New York City’s Marriott Marquis Times Square.
The honorees, chosen for the efforts they have made to fortify communities and improve the lives of others, are:
- Aman Advani, Co-founder and CEO of Ministry of Supply;
- Bahja Johnson, Head of Customer and Community Belonging and Enablement at Gap Inc.;
- Erin Izen, Senior Director of Workforce Programs at The Home Depot;
- Steve Madden, Creative and Design Chief at Steve Madden; and
- Suresh Kumar, EVP, Global CTO and Chief Development Officer at Walmart;
Honorees have been featured in video interviews highlighting their work and notable moments in their careers that have impacted the retail industry..
The NRF Foundation event will take place during NRF 2023: Retail’s Big Show, which will run Jan. 15-17 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Tony Spring, Chairman and CEO of Bloomingdale’s and Chairman of the NRF Foundation Board of Directors, and John Furner, U.S. President and CEO of Walmart and NRF Board Chairman, will co-host the event.
“This year’s distinguished honorees of The List demonstrate the many pathways to success within retail, and serve as a reminder that our industry provides meaningful opportunities to people of all backgrounds,” said Spring in a statement. “We are proud to recognize these talented individuals for their dedication to our incredible industry.”