Target has introduced a new baby clothing subscription service called the Cat & Jack Baby Outfit Box. The quarterly service is now available on Target’s web site. Customers can also purchase a box as a single order and return any items.
The service features Target’s Cat & Jack children’s apparel private label, which launched in 2016. Each $40 box comes with six or seven pieces — including bodysuits, leggings, rompers and more — that haven’t yet been released in stores, along with a surprise gift. Each box is available at the start of each season, and includes sizes from newborn to 24 months.
Target’s subscription service comes at a time when retailers are challenged to stand out against competitors and collect important customer data to deliver unique experiences. Subscription boxes help with both challenges, allowing retailers to gather information on customer’s shopping habits, likes, dislikes and more.
Subscription services are really resonating with U.S. consumers. In fact, research from Hitwise shows that approximately 5.7 million U.S. consumers are subscription box shoppers, and monthly visits to subscription box companies’ web sites surpassed 40 million visits in January and March 2017.
- Study: Amazon Tops Brand Trust Ranks But Apple, Best Buy Polarize Shoppers
- Target, Best Buy See Strong Q1 Growth Amid Significant Investments Across Channels
- Social Commerce Best Practices: Optimize Mobile, Match Products To Platform Strengths
- Target Preps For More Store-Based Deliveries, Cuts Associated Fees
- Harry’s Expands Retail Presence, Will Sell Razors In 2,200 Walmart Stores