Three months after FAO Schwarz made its triumphant return to New York City with the opening of its new flagship store at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and the debut of its first airport location at LaGuardia Airport, the iconic retailer has announced that it will expand its product assortment beyond toys to include candy, and home products and accessories.
FAO Schwarz has entered into licensing agreements with Britannica Home Fashions, Galerie USA and Uncas International to create a wide array of lifestyle products that will be available in fall 2019. As part of these agreements:
- Britannica Home Fashions and FAO Schwarz will develop a collection of home fashions including various styles of bedding, bath and soft holiday décor items;
- Galerie USA and FAO Schwarz will create chocolates, gift sets and bespoke candy offerings that celebrate the seasons, such as Valentine's Day, Easter and Christmas confections; and
- Uncas International will launch a line of new FAO Schwarz accessories including jewelry, hair products and key chains.
Through an exclusive agreement with Hudson Group, an operator of North American travel retail stores, additional FAO Schwarz and FAO Schweetz shops will open throughout the year in airport terminals nationwide, including one at Indianapolis International Airport.
FAO Schwarz Will Go Global In 2019
FAO Schwarz will even expand outside the U.S. later this year in three major markets: the UK, China and Canada.
The company’s European flagship store will open in London on Nov. 1, 2019, located within the Selfridges Oxford Street flagship location. More than 20,000 square feet of space will feature a full collection of FAO Schwarz products and theatrical experiences.
FAO Schwarz also has partnered with Kidsland, China's largest toy distributor and retailer with nearly 300 stores. Additionally, a 27,000-square-foot FAO Schwarz flagship is scheduled to open at China World Mall in Beijing in May 2019.
FAO Schwarz will move into Canada with shop-in-shops at Hudson’s Bay locations, although the company hasn’t revealed how many stores it will have a presence in.
- Alibaba Launches English Language Portal For Tmall Global Marketplace
- Target Takes Retail Accelerator Program Global With Nine Startups
- Ulta Beauty Picks Canada As First Site For Global Growth
- Walmart Emphasizes Omnichannel With Canadian ‘Urban Superstore’
- Amazon Rebrands Middle Eastern Souq Marketplace, Redirects Shoppers To Amazon.ae