Lord + Taylor will return to New York City with a holiday pop-up, a person familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. The 2,400-square-foot store is scheduled to open in mid-December in Manhattan’s Soho neighborhood, and will (by necessity) feature a much more curated selection than the former 676,000-square-foot flagship that closed at the start of 2019.
The new shop is expected to give Le Tote, which acquired Lord + Taylor for nearly $100 million in November, a chance to connect with the luxury department store’s customers. The deal included Lord + Taylor’s brand and related intellectual property, 38 stores and the retailer’s digital channels and associated inventory.
Other retailers also are using smaller stores as the foundation for a resurgence. Tru Kids Brands partnered with b8ta to open two experiential Toys ‘R’ Us locations and a traveling exhibit that will tour the country. Abercrombie & Fitch also has shifted its focus to smaller stores after closing three flagship locations earlier this year.
- Le Tote Names President Of Lord + Taylor, Finalizes Purchase
- American Girl Debuts Interactive Micro-Experiences At NYC Flagship
- Destination Maternity Files For Bankruptcy, May Face Liquidation If Buyer Is Not Found
- Hudson’s Bay Co. To Be Taken Private By Shareholders
- Le Tote Buys Lord + Taylor For Nearly $100 Million