REI has revamped its web site for used outdoor gear, adding new brands and more product categories as well as the ability to process member-to-member gear swaps. On average, products from the platform can be purchased for up to 65% less than the same items new.
The service was launched in October 2017 as an extension of the member-only in-store Garage Sales the retailer has traditionally hosted. The most popular category on the site is women’s apparel, with the biggest-selling products being midweight down and synthetic jackets.
The site also helps REI achieve its product sustainability standards by improving the company’s environmental footprint. Visitors can sort and filter products by sustainability, including signifiers such as bluesign approved, fair trade certified and organically grown.
- 2020 Predictions: 4 Potential Trends To Watch For In Fashion E-Commerce
- How To Prevent Online Returns From Wreaking Havoc On E-Commerce
- Bean Bag Chair Seller Pilots AR Across E-Commerce, Mobile Sites
- A’gaci Shutters E-Commerce Site, Will Liquidate All Stores In Second Bankruptcy
- Amazon Used Heavy Discounts To Power Expanded Prime Day