Taking its Nordstrom Local pop-up concept to swanky environs this year, the luxury retailer will open an 850-square-foot location in Southampton, N.Y. from May 27 through Sept. 7. Nordstrom customers will have access to an array of services at this location as visitors descend upon the town that is known as a summer haven.
Blending its digital and physical shopping experiences and emphasizing sustainability, the Hamptons Nordstrom Local pop-up will offer:
- Nordstrom.com and NordstromRack.com order pickup and returns;
- Returns for goods purchased through Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack;
- Apparel alterations and simple repairs on both Nordstrom goods and customers’ personal pieces through a Nordstrom fitter who will work at the pop-up location each week;
- Complimentary 100% recyclable gift wrapping for Nordstrom purchases, with an $8 per package fee charged for non-Nordstrom items;
- A place for clothing donations that will be provided to Housing Works, which supports local programs; and
- Nordstrom BEAUTYCYCLE, which processes empty beauty packaging returned by customers to achieve the retailer’s goal of taking back 100 tons of these items by 2025.
“Nordstrom Local service hubs play an important role in delivering on our Closer to You strategy and our priority to win in our most important markets because they allow us to get physically closer to our customers,” said Jamie Nordstrom, Chief Stores Office at Nordstrom, Inc. in a statement. “This summer, we look forward to offering more convenience and connection to our Hamptons customers who will be able to access Nordstrom core services like next-day order pickup, returns and alterations in their summer neighborhood.”