Dooney & Bourke, a handbag and leather goods brand, has partnered with PredictSpring to launch a mobile app. The retailer discovered that 60% of its web traffic came from mobile devices, and created the app to add new convenience and personalization options for shoppers using the platform.
Dooney & Bourke worked with PredictSpring to build the Salesforce Commerce Cloud-based app in weeks. New features available for users include:
- Access to campaigns featuring Dooney & Bourke products, such as the “Bag of the Week” drop offering of new handbags styles for app users, and “The 12 Days of Dooney,” a daily introduction of 12 new and limited quantity styles;
- The ability to establish a style profile by answering in-app questions such as preferred bag style and color, which will be used for future product development and promotion strategy; and
- Usage of DooneyPay, an upcoming flexible payment option that lets shoppers pay for items in three installments.
Offering multiple e-Commerce options is important for luxury retailers, since 52% of high-income consumers prefer shopping online over visiting in-store, according to Deloitte. This is particularly important for high-income Millennials, who are 24% less likely to shop in-store than non-Millennial shoppers.
These Millennial shoppers represent a particularly important customer base for luxury retailers: the demographic was responsible for 85% of the growth the global luxury market experienced in 2017, which brought worldwide sales to $1.36 trillion, according to Bain & Co. A survey by The Pearl Source revealed several reasons why Millennials are the top luxury customers:
- 36.5% said they'd forego paying down credit card debt in order to access more disposable income for luxury products and experiences;
- 49.9% are spending up to $500 per month on luxury items; and
- 50.2% admitted that they were buying those items knowing they were not able to afford them.
- Macy’s Will Expand AR-Powered Virtual Try-On Across Beauty Categories
- Digital Apps Bridge The Gap Between Online And In-Store Consumer Behaviors
- Zulily Refreshes Logo, Color Scheme To Optimize Mobile Shopping Experience
- Warby Parker Harnesses AR Technology To Create 3D Eyewear Previews
- 1-800-FLOWERS.com Upgrades Voice, Implements AR Ahead Of Valentine’s Day
Latest from Glenn Taylor
- Brandless Co-Founder Relinquishes CEO Role But Will Co-Chair Board
- Nine West Holdings Exits Bankruptcy, Renames Itself Premier Brands Group
- Starbucks Invests $100 Million In Food, Retail Startup Venture Fund
- With U.S. Growth Uncertain, Global Commerce Offers New Opportunities
- IKEA Scouts Potential Mexico Locations, Introduces NYC ‘City Center’ Store