In a bid to combat cart abandonment, footwear and accessories retailer Cole Haan has streamlined its customer service process by adding Facebook Messenger chatbot notifications.
Once an online or mobile shopper adds a product to his or her cart on the Cole Haan site, they will automatically receive updates via Messenger. If a customer abandons the cart, the retailer will send them reminders via email and Messenger. Customers also will receive follow-up notifications if the item goes on sale or reaches low stock levels, according to the 2018 Gartner L2 Specialty Retail Report.
The brand also is working to remove friction during the online checkout process by enabling customers to check out within Messenger.
- Can Conversational Commerce Fulfill Its Potential In Retail?
- Study: Chatbots Will Save Retailers, Banks And Health Care Providers $11 Billion Per Year
- Why Your Chatbot Must Speak With Your Brand’s ‘Voice’
- Retail’s Big Opportunity: 87% Of U.S. Consumers Grasp The Power Of Conversational Commerce
- EBay Deploys Chatbots To Ease Holiday Gift-Giving Stress