BJ's Wholesale Club has updated its web site with a buy online, pick up in-store (BOPIS) feature. Orders will be available at all 215 clubs within as little as two hours of making an online purchase.
Additionally, add-to-card coupons, which were previously only available for in-store use, will now be applied to orders on BJs.com. Members can select coupons on the site and have them automatically applied at checkout.
While club stores have been late to the e-Commerce game, they are rapidly catching up. BJ’s has been updating its offerings throughout 2018, adding a wish list function on its mobile app and introducing chainwide same-day delivery through a partnership with Instacart. In March, the retailer appointed Naveen Seshadri to the newly created position of VP of Digital Commerce and Experience.
Costco is growing its online presence as well. The club retailer launched a grocery delivery service in October 2017, expanded its own partnership with Instacart and increased the number of dry and non-perishable goods available for two-day delivery.
- Salesforce Purchases Rebel, Expanding Email Commerce Capabilities
- KIDBOX Launches Exclusive Personality-Based Private Label Brands
- Nectar Sleep Targets Hispanic Market With Dedicated Spanish Platforms
- Excitement Of Product Discovery Powers Tophatter Auction Platform
- Walmart Plans Pickup-Only Store Near Chicago In 2019