To merge the bookstore experience with online shopping, Barnes & Noble has added two new tools in time for the 2017 holiday season.
- SmartGift - Available on desktop and mobile, SmartGift allows a customer to send a meaningful gift without worrying if it’s exactly right because the recipient has the freedom to exchange for a similarly priced item before the purchase is finalized. The campaign around SmartGift is called, “Take The Stress Out Of Giving.”
- Book Graph - An interactive discovery tool, Book Graph allows an online shopper to click on one book title, then the solution displays a variety of related titles the shopper may be interested in.
“We are excited about the unveiling of our new suite of Smart Tools that emulate the bookstore experience of browsing, discovery and bookseller knowledge, and will help online shoppers find meaningful, smartly curated gifts to give this holiday season,” said Fred Argir, Chief Digital Officer at Barnes & Noble.
Holiday Exclusives, Social Campaign Round Out Marketing Plans
For the 2017 season, Barnes & Noble also is offering exclusive items, such as the Star Wars Beginning Reader Collectible Box.
Incorporating social media into the mix, the retailer is kicking off a campaign featuring the theme #ALLIWANT, as part of an effort to highlight the unique assortment of gifts that can be found at Barnes & Noble.
Additionally, the online Barnes & Noble Holiday Gift Guide now features curated assortments of items around segmented topics, such as: “Captivating Books for the History Buff” or “Best Gifts for Pre-Schoolers.”
Shoppers also can help Barnes & Noble’s Holiday Book Drive charitable program by purchasing books for donation. Local recipients from the Holiday Book Drive include: Toys for Tots; Children’s Aid Society; Big Brothers Big Sisters; the YMCA; Salvation Army; First Book; children’s hospitals from around the country; Reach Out & Read; Ronald McDonald House; Head Start; United Way; various school districts, schools and public libraries; and hundreds of other deserving organizations.
- Lulus Raises $120 Million On The Back Of Strong Millennial Following
- 86% Of Americans To Celebrate Mother’s Day; Spending To Reach $23.1 Billion
- Holiday Season 2017: A ‘State of the Union’ For E-Commerce Site Performance
- Key Trends From The 2017 Holiday Shopping Season
- Does The 5.5% Holiday Sales Increase Signal A 2018 Retail Rebound?