For the second year in a row, Saks Fifth Avenue launched a Holiday Gift Guide chatbot on Facebook Messenger. The Saks team brought back the feature after last year’s success — 55% of users who took the quiz clicked back to the retailer’s e-Commerce site, with many of them purchasing the gifts that were suggested by the AI-powered guide.
“We want to reach customers wherever they are and be a resource,” said Emily Essner, SVP of Marketing and Digital at Saks Fifth Avenue in an interview with Retail TouchPoints. “1.2 billion people actively use Messenger to communicate, so it's a no-brainer to have an active presence. We decided to work with Headliner Labs to build a fluid, conversational recommendation experience in Messenger because it resonates with customers and translates into clickthrough traffic back to Saks.”
Headliner Labs developed the chatbots from beginning to implementation, leveraging consumer data collected by Facebook.
“The conversations for this chatbot happen entirely on Facebook Messenger,” said Essner. “However, clients can pick up and leave off between a web browser and the app on your phone. There are Click-to-Messenger ads that send people directly to the bot. We also have the ability to follow up with people in Messenger after they have completed the gift guide for a seamless customer service experience.”
Latest from Glenn Taylor
- Glossier Valuation Reaches $1.2 Billion After $100 Million Funding Round
- Conversocial Acquires Chatbot Platform
- Instagram Debuts Checkout Option, Allowing Shoppers To Buy Within The App
- GlassesUSA Boosts AOV 15% On Orders Of More Than $120 With Installment Payments
- Shopko Will Liquidate, Close All 360+ Stores After Failing To Find A Buyer