Scan-based trading (SBT), which allows suppliers to retain product ownership until the point of retail sale, can improve retailers’ and manufacturers’ ability to understand and act on consumer demand signals. Weis Markets, a supermarket retailer with 206 stores throughout the mid-Atlantic, is deploying a scan-based trading solution from ReposiTrak as it seeks to reduce costs and improve inventory management.
The ReposiTrak solution complements the SBT technology with analytical (ScoreTracker) and ordering (Store Level Ordering/Store Level Reporting) applications designed to help retailers stock less, improve efficiency and increase sales, while gaining the working capital benefits of scan-based trading.
“ReposiTrak has the largest network of scan-based trading suppliers in the industry, which improves our overall efficiency and helps position us to meet our needs for future growth,” said Donna Banks-Ficcio, VP of Center Store Sales and Merchandising at Weis Markets in a statement. “We realize there’s a significant opportunity for us to leverage their programs and solutions to drive profitable sales, improve inventory management and substantially enhance our supply chain performance.”
The ReposiTrak Supply Chain Solutions include legacy Park City Group technologies, which are designed to create value through sales improvement and expense control in the retail supply chain. Solutions include scan-based trading, automated ordering and item and cost management.
- Weis Markets Upgrades Wireless Capabilities Across 200+ Stores And DCs
- Kings Food Markets Reduces Out Of Stocks, Gains Insight Into Product Performance
- Albertsons, Save Mart Adopt Food Safety And Ingredient Tracking Solution
- When Grocers Collide: Ahold And Delhaize To Divest 86 Stores In Wake Of Merger
- Heinen’s Grocery Shores Up Food Safety With Compliance Management Solutions