Valassis will collaborate with RetailMeNot to rebrand RedPlum, a portfolio of consumer-facing print coupons, as RetailMeNot Everyday. The platform will specialize in direct mail deals and a free-standing insert coupon book that complement the digital deals, cash-back offerings and discount gift cards provided by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot Everyday has a weekly audience of up to 78 million households, while RetailMeNot attracts 53 million monthly web site visits and 23 million monthly unique mobile visitors.
“This convergence of digital and physical media is a natural next step in the RetailMeNot and Valassis partnership,” said Marissa Tarleton, CMO at RetailMeNot in a statement. “It’s exciting for our business, benefitting shoppers and brands alike.”
Print and digital coupons appeal to different facets of retail, according to Kelton Global: 56% of deal seekers prefer print coupons for household item purchases, while 62% use them for groceries. In comparison, 66% prefer digital deals for electronics, and 65% check for clothing, shoe and accessory offers online.
- Study: Expect Deep Holiday Promotions As Shoppers Seek Value, Seasonal Spending Shifts Earlier
- How Retailers Can Tackle Social Issues in 2019
- RetailMeNot Appoints Nordstrom Exec As Chief Product Officer
- RetailMeNot Appoints Tarleton CEO As Founder Moves Into Chairman Role
- Open Or Closed On Thanksgiving? There’s A Solid Strategy Either Way