Ulta Beauty is expanding its partnership with Google Cloud amid increased engagement with customers in-store and online, along with the development of its Virtual Beauty Advisor tool designed to deliver tailored recommendations and help shoppers choose the right products.
Ulta is presently using Google Cloud solutions to power personalization initiatives and to organize, analyze and transform data from 30 million Ultamate Rewards loyalty members into valuable insights for its customers, Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud, wrote in a blog post.
In January 2019, Ulta Beauty announced it was working with Google Cloud Platform, leveraging features such as:
- BigQuery to perform data analysis and generate dynamic content, personalized product recommendations and event-based messages for customers;
- Cloud Storage to provide available, secure, resilient and cost-effective access to data across the entire enterprise;
- Compute Engine to grow with customer demand while painlessly migrating existing applications to the cloud; and
- Anthos to build a hybrid cloud foundation that allows their applications to take advantage of all this data, combining the power and flexibility of the Google Kubernetes Engine with the ability to leverage their existing investment in secure infrastructure on-premises.
Ulta chose to expand ita existing partnership with Google Cloud after considering a number of cloud providers, according to Kurian.
- Enriching The Customer Experience Through Journey Mapping And Personalization
- Tammy & Benjamin Drives 230% Sales Lift From Facebook Ads, 90% Boost From Google
- Data As Currency: Personalization With Permission Increases Share Of Wallet
- Exclusive Q&A: How Shoppers’ Awareness Of Their Own Data’s Value Is Redefining Personalization
- Ulta Beauty Picks Canada As First Site For Global Growth