As of today, more than 400 retailers are participating in Free Shipping Day this year. Those involved in the “shopping holiday,” which takes place on Dec.15, 2017, will offer customers free shipping on all orders with a guarantee that items will be at their doorsteps by Christmas Eve.
Free Shipping Day is sure to attract shopper attention. A recent holiday survey from Deloitte revealed that 88% of shoppers said free shipping is more important than fast shipping, and as many as 72% of shoppers surveyed plan to take advantage of free shipping offers this season. Retailers who aren’t involved in Free Shipping Day could be handing sales over to their competitors if they don’t participate.
Current participants, according to freeshippingday.com, include:
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Under Armour
- Barnes & Noble
- Holiday Season 2017: A ‘State of the Union’ For E-Commerce Site Performance
- Key Trends From The 2017 Holiday Shopping Season
- Does The 5.5% Holiday Sales Increase Signal A 2018 Retail Rebound?
- Holiday Hiring Subsides: Retail Jobs Decline 20,000 During December
- EBay Deploys Chatbots To Ease Holiday Gift-Giving Stress