Holiday gifting has gone beyond buying presents for friends and family. A new survey from HP reveals that half of Americans plan on buying a holiday gift for someone they work with — and gift cards topped the list.
Many employees spend a majority of their week with colleagues. In fact, 79% identified at least some of their coworkers as their “work family,” and 58% noted they spend more time with their work family than their real family, hence the reason for gift giving.
Of the 50% buying gifts for their coworkers, top gifts include:
- Gift cards (58%);
- Photos (41%); and
- Food/alcohol, wine or beer (38%)
It’s little surprise that gift cards led this list: according to a survey conducted by LendEDU, 78.7% of Americans intend to buy gift cards this holiday season.
Based on its proprietary 100-point scoring method, LendEDU identified the most popular gifts cards from retailers and restaurants for 2017. The top 10 brands for gift cards are:
- McDonald’s (83.34 points)
- GameStop (83.34)
- Olive Garden (75.01)
- Red Lobster (75.01)
- Victoria’s Secret (75.01)
- Kohl’s (75.01)
- Toys ‘R’ Us (75.01)
- Starbucks (75.01)
- Bed, Bath & Beyond (75.01)
- eBay (75)
- Holiday Season 2017: A ‘State of the Union’ For E-Commerce Site Performance
- Key Trends From The 2017 Holiday Shopping Season
- Does The 5.5% Holiday Sales Increase Signal A 2018 Retail Rebound?
- Holiday Hiring Subsides: Retail Jobs Decline 20,000 During December
- EBay Deploys Chatbots To Ease Holiday Gift-Giving Stress