Marketers are realizing the challenges around localization and adapting their strategies for different geographies. A new study by the CMO Council titled Adaptability in Branded Content Delivery revealed that two-thirds of marketers rate their organizations and agencies below satisfactory in their capacity to translate and adapt brand marketing content across the markets and channels they serve.
Key findings from the study, which surveyed more than 150 senior marketing executives in partnership with HH Global, included:
- Only 32% of respondents say their companies are either advanced or doing well in adapting brand content to different markets, partners and geographies, while 34% said they are improving.
- 20% of marketers are satisfied with their creative delivery process and marketing supply chain effectiveness.
- Only 18% of respondents said they completed a formal assessment of their creative delivery process and marketing supply chain effectiveness, while 24% said they have begun one.
Respondents noted that speed of execution is a big challenge for them, with less than half stating that they are able to deploy localized content across physical and digital touch points during a campaign launch.
According to the study, marketers’ top five process challenges included:
- Shortening turnaround times;
- Ensuring quality and uniformity with brand guidelines;
- End-to-end workflow management;
- Delivering creative on time; and
- Measurement of the creative appeal and impact of content.
“At a time when the customer has higher expectations than ever for the relevance and personalization of content and brand interaction, marketing organizations will need to step up their game when it comes to brand content adaptation to address geographic, cultural, customer and other differences,” says Donovan Neale-May, Executive Director of the CMO Council in a statement. “Past research has shown that adaptation of marketing strategy and content can be major enabler of sales and brand success. Yet most companies have a long way to go to get it right.”
- Indochino Boosts Showroom Bookings 77% Via Landing Page Localization
- Australian Shopping Centers Install Large-Scale LED Displays To Showcase Content
- Study: Outdated Planning Solutions Hamper Customer-Centricity
- TurnTo Unveils Free Review Syndication Network
- SEO Platform BrightEdge Generates More Than $65B For Customers