Macy’s has unveiled new solutions designed to enhance the in-store and mobile customer experience at the Shoptalk conference being held in Las Vegas. The retailer will introduce an augmented reality experience in beauty set to launch in late spring, as well as interactive fragrance displays powered by a new partnership with Perch, provider of physical and digital interactive displays for retailers.
The Augmented Reality Beauty experience is part of Macy’s approach to testing, iterating and scaling innovations. It will debut on the Macy’s app after an initial beta test in fall 2018 that allowed customers to virtually trial lip products. For the launch, Macy’s partnered with AR experience provider Modiface to iterate the design and expand the offering to more than 1,000 beauty products across major brands, covering face, eye and lip cosmetics.
Also set to launch this spring, Macy’s will be rolling out interactive displays designed to help customers navigate scent families. According to a release, “as customers engaged with our robust assortment of top fragrances, we learned that those who bought in-store, primarily did so by brand, but when they purchased fragrances online, they shopped by scent family, filtering our assortment down to the top notes such as floral or citrus.” Through the partnership with Perch, select Macy’s locations will offer these displays as a way to share more information on fragrances and educate customers about their favorite notes and scent families.
- The New Rules Of Retail: Digital Strategies To Serve Today’s ‘Connected Consumer’
- Macy’s, DICK’S Sporting Goods Collaborate To Launch Outdoor STORY Experience In 36 Stores
- Exclusive Q&A: With In-Store Innovation, Everything Old Is New Again
- What The Modern Grocery Store Can Teach Other Brick-And-Mortar Businesses
- The Future Of Social Commerce Is Mobile: Instagram, Peer-To-Peer Marketplaces, Chat Lead The Way
Latest from Klaudia Tirico
- Happy Returns Debuts Self-Service Return Kiosks
- 11 Honoré Partners With Shopify To Host ‘Runway Commerce’ Experience At NYFW
- Visa Empowers Female Entrepreneurs With She’s Next Campaign
- Philanthropy, Local Connections Create Event Marketing Success For Kendra Scott
- Chico’s FAS Implements Digital Engagement Tools Across All Brands