Happy Returns, which provides customers with locations for in-person returns in 14 major metropolitan areas, has added five retailers to its network. Chubbies, City Chic, Jaanuu, Paul Evans and Yosi Samra join existing partners that include Everlane, Carbon 38, Eloquii, Shoes of Prey and Tradesy.
The service and logistics company also has significantly expanded its network of Return Bars. Happy Returns now operates 40 locations, staffed by trained Returnistas and located in shopping centers and other accessible locations, up from three locations in two metro areas during the 2016 holiday season.
Additionally, Happy Returns has secured $4 million in Series A financing in a round led by Upfront Ventures. Upfront partner Greg Bettinelli is joining the Happy Returns board of directors along with Brian Spaley, a former co-founder of Bonobos and Trunk Club.
“With the recent announcement that Amazon will be accepting returns at Whole Foods, as well as the increasing demand by shoppers for free return shipping, retailers know offering a frictionless and even delightful return experience is quickly becoming a must-have to remain competitive,” said Happy Returns CEO David Sobie in a statement. “This additional financing will enable Happy Returns to continue to grow our in-person service and remain the leader in transforming returns.”
- Everlane, A Brick-and-Mortar Holdout, Opens 2 Flagship Stores
- Three Brands Choose Cordial To Optimize Messaging
- Winning The Last Mile: Controlling Costs While Satisfying Consumers
- How Leading Retailers Created Successful Social Media Marketing Strategies
- Amazon Is Not A Threat If You Focus On Product Quality, Customer Relationships