Through the auction, Henderson will sell items from her personal collection of vintage paintings, textiles, rugs, décor and furniture, all starting at $1. The auction is set to go live on April 19th at 8:00 a.m. ET through April 21 at 4:00 pm ET.
The partnership brings to light the growing influence of retail tastemakers. With social media and personal blog pages becoming more visible to the general public, it is easier for retailers to take note of what styles in fashion and interior design are gaining popularity among potential consumers.
The Chairish Auction is designed to complement the marketplace model by offering items at an affordable price point, while giving sellers the opportunity to sell items quickly in the event of a relocation or move. When the auctions close, Chairish will manage the pickup and delivery of the items from the seller to the buyer. The buyer will pay the shipping delivery fee, details of which are communicated upfront.
“Our new format offers a turnkey solution for time-sensitive sellers as well as a fun way for buyers to access fabulous vintage finds at ‘gotta-go’ prices,” said Anna Brockway, Co-Founder and President at Chairish. “Our Chairish Auctions’ inventory will meet the same style criteria as the rest of our curator-approved items for which we are known and loved. We expect our new Auctions to be a must-see event for design lovers.”
- Shopko Files For Chapter 11, Will Close 100 Stores And Auction Off Pharmacy Business
- Chairish Acquires Dering Hall, Adding Interior Design To Its Platform
- Lampert Ups Sears Rescue Bid To $5 Billion
- Is Predictive AI The Next Step For Fashion Design And Curation?
- Sears Reportedly Hires JLL To Gauge Real Estate’s Value; Burlington, DICK’S Express Interest