Two very different retailers — workwear apparel brand Carhartt and live art auction site Invaluable— have implemented email personalization solutions to boost their customer engagement. Both companies chose Evergage as their solution provider.
Carhartt was able to massively improve the results of its abandoned cart emails with trigger-based personalized reminders, causing clickthrough rates to jump 178% and conversion rates to soar 598%. The 127-year-old brand has embraced other digital tools as well, including location- and weather-based personalization and educational cross-selling.
By swapping out static email recommendations, Invaluable achieved a 21% increase in clickthroughs for batch email campaigns. The retailer said that 12% of its overall monthly revenue is driven by Evergage personalized web and email recommendations.
“We have millions of monthly visitors and hundreds of thousands of unique items auctioned on our marketplace at any given time,” said Neal Glazier, VP of Marketing at Invaluable in a statement. “To help our visitors easily navigate our collection and pinpoint what they want before someone else wins it, we need to know their interests right down to the one-to-one level.”
More than 281 billion emails are sent every day, according to The Radicati Group. Evergage offers multiple capabilities designed to help retailers cut through inbox clutter and improve open rates:
- Open-time email personalization, which allows retailers to offer recommendations based on when the email is opened, as opposed to when it was sent;
- Triggered emails, which send one-off messages based on shopper behavior or other factors; and
- Evergage SmartBatch, which lets retailers send batches of individually personalized emails that take multiple factors, such as the ideal time to send and recent shopper activity, into account.
- Endear Helps Associates Connect With Shoppers
- Vitacost.com Boosts Click-To-Open Rates 53% Via Personalized ‘Mystery Sales’
- Personalization: Why It’s Important And Problematic For The Digital Experience
- Spalding’s DTC Push Is A Slam Dunk: E-Commerce Sales Skyrocket 270%
- Monetate Appoints New CMO, Unveils New Look