Procrastinators who also are Amazon Prime members are in luck: As late as Christmas Eve, these customers can take advantage of free two-hour delivery windows for orders placed by 9 pm local time. Additionally, in 30+ U.S. cities, Prime members can get deliveries in one hour or less up to 11:59 pm on Dec. 24.
For the weeks leading up to Dec. 25, Amazon has expanded Prime Free Same-Day Delivery and Prime Free One-Day Shipping to customers in more than 8,000 cities and towns. For non-Prime members, eligible orders over $35 will be delivered for free, either the same day or the next day.
“We are continually investing in Prime, adding more selections and making delivery faster and more convenient,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon Prime in a statement. “In fact, in 2016, the last Prime Free Same-Day order from Amazon.com delivered in time for Christmas was ordered at 10:23 am on Christmas Eve. The order included Venum Contender Boxing Gloves, and was delivered to a Prime member in Richmond, Virginia at 2:42 pm — the very same day, for free.”
Following is the Amazon holiday shipping “cheat sheet” for last-minute shoppers:
• Dec. 15: Free shipping on millions of items fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, free for all customers
• Dec. 18: Last day for standard shipping, free for Prime members
• Dec. 22: Last day for two-day shipping, free for Prime members
• Dec. 23: Last day for one-day shipping, free for Prime members
• Dec. 24: Last day for same-day delivery, free for Prime members (order by 9:30 am local time or earlier)
• Dec. 24: Prime Now offers Prime members free two-hour delivery windows (order by 9:00 pm local time or earlier)
• Dec. 24: Whole Foods Market stores and Amazon Books open Christmas Eve (store hours vary by location)
(Note: not all shipping speeds are available for all products in all regions, and order minimums may apply.)