During NRF 2015, holiday pricing strategies came into focus during a BIG !deas Session hosted by 360pi, a provider of retail price intelligence solutions.
Hosted by Jenn Markey, VP of Marketing at 360pi, the presentation outlined holiday pricing practices and trends analyzed by the company.
Titled Amazon’s Holiday Pricing Tactics And Strategies Revealed, the session provided attendees with an analysis of Amazon’s holiday pricing practices compared with strategies used by other major retailers such as Walmart and Target.
Other key trends observed by 360pi included:
- Longer, but lower discounts reduced holiday shopping frenzy on key dates;
- Less online price volatility;
- Differing levels of dynamic pricing; and
- Significant variation regarding the days with the lowest prices.
Click here to view a summary of 360pi's insights from the Amazon Holiday Insights series.
- Exclusive Q&A: In Amazon’s Search For HQ2, Tech Workforce Will Be Key Factor
- A.C. Moore Arts And Crafts Acquires Blitsy To Relaunch E-Commerce Business
- Dreamforce 2017: How John Varvatos Blends Digital With Physical
- 7-Eleven Adds Amazon Cash Option At Nearly 8,000 Stores
- Amazon Offering Black Friday Deals For 24 Days