Saks Fifth Avenue has reimagined its West Coast flagship to offer a more curated assortment and unique luxury services designed to drive customer engagement. The store will open to the general public on Feb. 8, 2024.
The Saks Fifth Avenue Store Planning and Design team collaborated with retail architecture and advisory firm Arcadis (formerly CallisonRTKL) to develop the elevated design for the 130,000-square-foot store. The companies aimed to bring Saks’ distinct brand identity to life while remaining true to the building’s rich history and Wilshire Boulevard roots.
Design elements include:
- Vendor-designed shops featuring renowned brands across women’s ready-to-wear fashion, shoes, handbags and accessories;
- The store’s grand Regency-style marble staircase and central skylight;
- Airy, pearlescent white atrium spaces and reflective columns, used to create a brighter, more open shopping experience;
- Metallic accents and pops of color, displayed via statement furniture, accent rugs and wall coverings, to add excitement to an overall neutral color palette;
- Elevators that feature a milky dichroic laminate, a tribute to Saks’ New York City flagship; and
- A transformed Fifth Avenue Club personal shopping and styling experience.
Elevated In-Store Services
The epicenter of the new store experience is an expanded Fifth Avenue Club personal shopping and styling experience. The space on the fifth floor touts 15 private styling suites and a team of Saks Stylists who will provide high-value customers with personal shopping and styling services. The Fifth Avenue Club also has an exclusive outdoor terrace space with views of the Hollywood Hills, giving clients a private and serene space to relax.
Additional luxury services include by-appointment beauty treatments, a private jewelry viewing room with a hidden bar, Saks.com Returns and Buy Online, Pick Up In Store. As shoppers venture throughout the store, they can enjoy beverage service, including California-inspired cocktails and wines that can be purchased via QR code.
“Saks Fifth Avenue is resetting the gold standard of luxury shopping in Beverly Hills with the opening of our new women’s store on Wilshire Boulevard,” said Larry Bruce, President of Saks Fifth Avenue stores in a statement. “With this new location, we are transforming our West Coast flagship into a lifestyle-centric shopping destination with the highest possible focus on personalized service and first-class experiences. Saks Fifth Avenue is proud of the strong relationship we have built with the vibrant Beverly Hills community over the past 80 years, and we are excited to cement our position as the premier destination for luxury fashion in Beverly Hills with this elevated luxury shopping experience.”