Armani has opened its first virtual beauty store in a digital version of the UK’s Piccadilly Circus. The luxury brand partnered with experiential ecommerce platform Obsess to open the online destination, which was inspired by the Armani Box pop-up concept that debuted in the same location in real-world London.
Th 3D virtual store mimics a real store with interactive entertainment options, the ability to book appointments with beauty consultants and opportunities to purchase Armani beauty products such as makeup and the brand’s Sì fragrance.
The experience also features a 360-degree exterior environment of the virtual Piccadilly Circus complete with a digital billboard displaying video footage promoting the Sì fragrance with spokesperson Cate Blanchett.
Upon entering the virtual store itself, visitors have a number of experiences to choose from including:
- Touch points at the entrance offering insights into the Giorgio Armani story;
- A virtual photobooth where customers can snap a picture through their device camera;
- The Get the Glow room — visitors can shop 40 shades of Armani’s Luminous Silk foundation as they learn professional make-up tips from artists in the field. Each visitor can also access a specialist team or book a personal appointment if desired;
- The Colour Studio, which features Modiface virtual try-on technology to help guests find their perfect shade of Lip Power lipstick. Specialists are also available for bookings of the Eyes-To-Kill service through which they share their methods to achieve alluring eye looks that are personalized to each visitor;
- The My Way room, featuring educational opportunities to learn about the brand’s sustainable commitments surrounding its fragrance supply chain; and
- The Fragrance Wardrobe where guests can experience the Sì fragrance and book a “Fragrance Fitting” service to gain an understanding of the scents that will best suit their needs. Visitors can also take the “Which Sì Are You?” quiz that will generate a fragrance match personalized to their preferences.