Tru Kids Brands, the parent of the Toys ‘R’ Us brand, and b8ta announced today that Jamie Uitdenhowen has been named President of Toy Retail Showrooms, LLC, the new joint venture that will operate Toys ‘R’ Us stores in the U.S. As President, Uitdenhowen will oversee day-to-day business operations, new experiential store development and vendor partnerships leading up to the brand's U.S. resurrection later this Fall.
Uitdenhowen most recently served as the Chief Merchandising Officer at Party City, and prior to that spent 18 years at Toys ‘R’ Us in a number of merchandising roles.
"Toys ‘R’ Us is an iconic brand known for delivering the best toy experience for kids and families,” said Uitdenhowen in a statement, "I'm thrilled to be returning to help drive the next chapter of this beloved retail brand in the U.S."
Under the leadership of Tru Kids Brands, Toys ‘R’ Us is planning on opening six smaller-format stores in the U.S. and an e-Commerce site later this year. The stores will be more focused on experiential shopping, incorporating a “Play Labs” concept as a way to encourage families to come in with their children.
Latest from Bryan Wassel
- Gymboree Bounces Back As Store-Within-A-Store Concept At The Children’s Place
- Reuters Report: Authentic Brands Group Bids $270 Million For Barneys
- Walmart Launches InHome Delivery Service In Three Cities
- UK-Based Lakeland Offers First Loyalty Program
- New Superdry Board Extends Interim CEO’s Contract