Zappos and Amazon are partnering with basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal to support his charitable Shaq-to-School program. Shaq-to-School includes a number of initiatives aimed at helping needy families afford school supplies, which can reach up to $1,355 per child, according to the 2018 Huntington Backpack Index.
Individual initiatives of the partnership include:
- Happy School Year Shaq-Pack Events: Shaq will take part in a multi-city distribution of school supplies, a backpack, shoes, and a T-shirt or hoodie to 5,000 children;
- Zappos for Good Host-a-Drive: Zappos will cover supplies and return shipping costs for businesses that host a school supply drive anywhere in the continental U.S.;
- Zappos for Good Special Curation: Discount codes will be distributed to programs that benefit kids in need, for use on items from a special back to school curation on Zappos.com; and
- Zappos for Good Collection, Shaq edition: A limited edition hoodie will be available at Zappos in support of the Communities in Schools (CIS) program.
This marks the second year Zappos has partnered with O’Neal to support his charitable efforts. The retailer also ran a toy drive during the 2018 holiday season that benefited Boys and Girls Clubs in Las Vegas and Newark, N.J. through the Shaq-a-Claus program.
- Sidecar Launches Tool To Help Retailers Optimize Marketing On Amazon
- Amazon: A Symbol Of Today’s Changing Digital Advertising Landscape
- Amazon Pilots Temporary Warehouse Storage Service For Faster Holiday Deliveries
- Study: Why The Best Return Processes Start On The Product Detail Page
- Zappos Unveils Revamped Rewards Program