For its 2019 holiday toy catalog, Walmart has added a new feature enabling shoppers to scan and purchase the merchandise via the Walmart mobile app. The new digitized experience enables customers to scan and shop hundreds of toys, including more than 150 exclusives, through their iOS or Android devices.
The “Scan & Shop powered by Digimarc” technology is featured in 35 million catalogs that are being distributed in Walmart's approximately 4,800 U.S. stores, and mailed directly to shoppers and third-party toy resellers.
Walmart activated the seasonal toy catalog by enhancing pages with Digimarc Barcode, an advanced barcode technology designed to remain imperceptible to consumers. Walmart also integrated the Digimarc Mobile software development kit (SDK) into its flagship app for both iOS and Android to enable the feature.
The toy catalog expands on the partnership between Walmart and Digimarc, which provides the retailer with Fresh Product Labels designed for more reliable and efficient scanning at checkout.
- Amazon Pilots Temporary Warehouse Storage Service For Faster Holiday Deliveries
- Shoppers Don’t See ‘Black Friday’ Or ‘Cyber Monday’ — They See A Weekend Of Deals
- Mobile Dominance: Smartphones Generate 61% Of Black Friday E-Commerce Traffic
- Costco Thanksgiving Day Site Outages Cost An Estimated $11 Million
- Best Buy Expects Strong Holiday Quarter, But Dollar Tree Struggles With Tariff Impacts