UNTUCKit is launching its first international retail location in Toronto, Canada. The store opening will coincide with the launch of the apparel retailer’s revamped Canadian e-Commerce experience and a new product fulfillment center in Toronto on Sept. 12, 2018.
The retailer currently operates 39 physical retail locations across the U.S., with plans to open an additional 15 domestic stores in 2018. UNTUCKit opened its first brick-and-mortar shop in 2015, and is aiming to have 100 stores by 2022.
It’s likely that UNTUCKit’s rapid expansion is being fueled by the way its products serve a particular niche — in this case, men who prefer wearing their shirts untucked. This approach gives the retailer a tight focus on customer and brand positioning as well as a better understanding of customer acquisition costs.
“Avoiding the one-size-fits-all approach is a clever way to retain a steady, loyal customer base by not only reducing choice overload for a market swamped with options, but also by offering choice-security and consistency to customers within the niche group,” said Rima Reddy, Principal of XRC Labs in an interview with Retail TouchPoints. “Understanding and focusing on a specific niche allows for a better consumer connection and trust.”
- Startup Lets Shoppers Try Before They Buy From Fashion Retailers
- Amazon Applies For Eight More Clothing Brand Trademarks
- Interacting With In-Store Technology Boosts Brand Confidence For 46% Of Shoppers
- What Impact Has Social Media Had On The Fashion Industry?
- Paper Source Expands ‘Return Bars’ Service To All 125 Stores