UNTUCKit plans to open 25 stores in 2018, including seven at Simon shopping centers. The formerly pure play e-Commerce retailer has been rapidly expanding its physical presence since opening its first physical store in 2015.
Earlier in May, UNTUCKit opened locations at The Galleria in Houston and Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh. Other stores slated to open at Simon properties include:
- The Fashion Mall at Keystone (Indianapolis)
- St. Johns Town Center (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Town Center at Boca Raton (Boca Raton, Fla.)
- The Shops at Clearfork (Fort Worth, Tex.)
- Stanford Shopping Center (Palo Alto, Calif.)
The retailer’s goal is to reach a total of 50 stores in 2018 and 100 stores by 2022. The brand has been expanding its offerings as it grows, introducing performance wear, shoes, and both children’s and women's lines. UNTUCKit has been experimenting with its brick-and-mortar footprint, including a test of an IoT and RFID platform from SATO Global Solutions in the flagship 5th Avenue New York City store.
UNTUCKit started opening stores after its online presence had “primed the market” for its brand, according to Aaron Sanandres, Co-Founder of UNTUCKit, speaking at the Retail Innovation Conference 2018. The retailer believes that physical retail isn’t going anywhere, and that omnichannel shoppers are more valuable than customers who shop only in-store or online.
“We knew early on in our company’s history that we’d have a retail presence, simply because our customers were asking us for it,” said Sanandres. “They wanted to touch and feel, they wanted to try something on. Implicit in their request for stores was a shared vision that retail platforms provide a level of trust that an online-only company has a really difficult time matching.”
- Balance Convenience And Experience To Create The Ultimate Holiday Destination
- Getting Physical: Three Tips For Bridging Online And Offline Experiences In The New Year
- Smartphones Generate 49% Of Thanksgiving Weekend Traffic
- Looking For A Competitive Advantage? Don’t Overlook Your Supply Chain
- Amazon Launches NYC Physical Store Featuring Highly Rated Products