Under Armour harnessed the Aptos mobile POS technology to ring up more than 7,000 transactions during its Hometown Sample Sale event. The Baltimore-based pop-up promotion sold more than 47,000 exclusive and discounted items to fund donations to local nonprofits.
The retailer augmented its existing POS capabilities with the Aptos ONE Store Commerce mobile selling application, which helped eliminate dependency on store servers and Internet capabilities when processing transactions. The solution enabled Under Armour to ring up 70% of Sample Sale transactions on the mobile application.
“The consensus from our Rookies was that Aptos ONE Store Commerce is intuitive, requires very minimal training, and is designed in a way that removes barriers between associates and customers, resulting in seamless, sophisticated, and efficient interactions,” said to Gerald Charles Jr., VP, Global IT Operations and Strategy at Under Armour in a statement.
- Does Rash Of Retail CEO Departures Signal New Requirements For Leaders?
- Under Armour Shares Drop 15% On News Of SEC Probe, Stagnant Sales Growth
- Under Armour Founder Kevin Plank Will Step Down As CEO In January 2020
- Under Armour Teams With Virgin Galactic To Create ‘Spacewear’ For Future Passengers
- The Vitamin Shoppe Debuts Innovation Store Offering Tech-Enhanced Personalization