Tulip, an app platform for retail stores and associates, has partnered with Google Cloud to enhance its retail associate solution. The updated technology offers tools that can help retailers better connect with shoppers through interpersonal interactions.
Tulip will harness Google’s machine learning and analytics to enhance its in-store mobile applications, helping retailers use machine learning to uncover customer insights and sales opportunities. The Google Cloud products will include:
- Google BigQuery, for in-store retail analytics to identify trends and gain insights related to customer behavior, associate activity, store operations and in-store sales;
- Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine, to build machine learning models and prediction services to drive behavioral recommendations for store associates and managers;
- Google Kubernetes Engine, for rapid application development, management of containers and easy deployment of applications and services; and
- Google Cloud Platform, as the new foundation for store associates to access products, manage customer information, check out shoppers and communicate with clients.
“Every day, Tulip collects millions of data points around omnichannel shopper behavior,” said Ali Asaria, Founder and CEO of Tulip in a statement. “By integrating Google's Machine Learning and Big Data products into our core platform, we're now able to use that data to provide intelligent insights and recommendations to our end users.”
Tulip’s Expanded Solutions Help Associates Drive Unforgettable Interactions
Additionally, Tulip is releasing several major new software features in Q1, including additional capabilities for hyper-personalization, microtargeting, marketing integration, customer preference management and reporting. New features include:
- Tulip Customer Prism to help retailers extract hyper-personalized lists of customers across multiple retail lenses on the fly;
- Tulip Customer Capture, which can gather customer information in the store, and merge and deduplicate it with master CRM bi-directional sync and full GDPR compliance. A self-service option allows customers to give and send information from their own devices; and
- Tulip Kiosk & Runner, which allows customers to discover and search for products from anywhere in the store and request assistance from an in-store runner.
These tools are designed to help retailers maximize the potential of shopper-associate interactions. Tulip Advisor, which will be powered by Google Cloud infrastructure, will automatically provide associates with a personal dashboard of next best actions for client interaction, including who to reach out to, how, when and why.
“In 2019, successful brick-and-mortar retailers will continue to leverage new mobile technology in their stores to empower workers and enhance the shopping experience,” said Deborah Surrette, Chief Revenue Officer of Tulip. “Associates, armed with insights about customers and their preferences, will become fashion consultants and style guides, bringing intimacy back to retail, this time enhanced with mobile technology. Associates will become extensions of corporate marketing and be able to connect with customers in a more personalized and immersive way.”
Tulip’s capabilities have attracted several new luxury retail customers in 2018, including Chanel, Mulberry, David Yurman, De Beers and Veronica Beard. The solution provider also expanded its relationships with Coach, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Michael Kors and Bonobos.
- Walgreens, FedEx Will Launch On-Demand Drone Delivery Pilot
- CVS Lets Customers Order Photo Prints Through Google Photos
- Google Unveils Personalized Shopping Portal, Sets Sights On Amazon’s Product Search Share
- Tammy & Benjamin Drives 230% Sales Lift From Facebook Ads, 90% Boost From Google
- Ulta Beauty Powers Personalization With Expanded Google Cloud Partnership