According to The Sci-Fi Shopper survey by Elastic Path, 67% of customers said they’d switch to a new brand if they offered a more futuristic experience. What could be more futuristic then virtually trying on a pair of shoes?
GOAT Group, the online sneaker marketplace that operates GOAT and Flight Club stores, has incorporated an AR Try-On feature in its iOS mobile app. Looking through their phone’s camera, customers can view a realistic image of how a particular pair of sneakers would look on their feet.
The Try-On feature arrives after GOAT’s launch of an AR-based “first look” feature, which allowed customers to view a realistic AR rendition of textures and materials used in different pairs of sneakers.
With the new AR feature, GOAT Group enters a sneaker innovation field that has been dominated by Nike, which unveiled its Nike fit technology in May. Converse and Adidas also have offered AR-based features that enable customers to virtually try on a pair of shoes.
“After early success with our previous AR launches, we knew Try-On was something we had to offer our community,” said GOAT Group’s co-founder and CPO Daishin Sugano in a statement. “We’re committed to sneaker culture and hope our new feature will elevate the experience of discovery for our community.”
GOAT group has 15 million members and over 400,000 sellers on its platform. The group also runs Flight Club, consignment stores for rare and popular sneakers that operate in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami.
- Bob’s Discount Furniture Revamps E-Commerce Site, Launches Mobile AR App
- Bean Bag Chair Seller Pilots AR Across E-Commerce, Mobile Sites
- Mobile Computer Vision And AR: Make 500 Square Feet Of Retail Space Feel Like 50,000 Square Feet
- Sofia Kaman Debuts ‘My Treasure’ Try-It-On App For Jewelry Shoppers
- IKEA Revamps AR App To Enable Purchases
- Gymboree Bounces Back As Store-Within-A-Store Concept At The Children’s Place
- Reuters Report: Authentic Brands Group Bids $270 Million For Barneys
- Walmart Launches InHome Delivery Service In Three Cities
- UK-Based Lakeland Offers First Loyalty Program
- New Superdry Board Extends Interim CEO’s Contract